Youth Housing Scheme (YHS) or Skim Khas Bantu Belia Miliki Rumah
Youth Housing Scheme (YHS) or Skim Khas Bantu Belia Miliki Rumah announced by YAB Dato ‘Seri Najib Tun Razak, 1st Minister of Finance and the Prime Minister’s Malaysia under Budget 2015.
Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) as a Development Financial Institution has been appointed to carry out this scheme and is currently in the midst of implementing this smart partnership with Cagamas Berhad and the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).
YHS scheme is expected to be launched in the near future and will be staggered to facilitate the application process. Meanwhile, those who are interested to participate in the scheme are advised to update both their financial records and documents as well as of their spouses. The public are also encouraged to use the i-Account for any matters relating to the EPF.
Details of the general scheme and a list of frequently asked questions for reference are set out below.
For further clarification, the public can call the hotline BSN Online 1 300 88 1900.
Details of the Youth Housing Scheme (YHS)
Youth Housing Scheme is a first-time home ownership scheme for married youth aged between 25 to 40 years with household income not exceeding RM 10,000 per month.
Through this scheme, BSN will provide financing / loan up to RM500,000 with a financing tenure up to 35 years or at the age of 65, whichever is earlier to the eligible borrower. This scheme is limited to 20,000 buyers only on the ‘first come first served’ basis.
BSN will also provide financing / loan amount of 100% of the purchase price and an additional 5% of purchase price to finance takaful / insurance (MRTT / MRTA). The cost of financing documents / loans including legal costs is borne by the buyer.
The Government will also give 50% of stamp duty exemption on the instrument of transfer agreements and loan agreements.
The Government is also to aid monthly instalments of RM200 per month for a period of 2 years from the date of first disbursement to the developer / vendor.
Summary Features :
Applicable to completed/under construction/sub-sale properties.
» Property Price – Minimum: RM 100,000.00/ Maximum: RM 500,000.00.
» Property: Up to 100% of the purchase price/ market price (whichever is lower).
» MRTA: Up to maximum 5% of the purchase price/ market price (whichever is lower).
» Loan Period – Minimum : 5 years / Maximum : 35 years (subject to age limit of not more than 65 years old at the end of the tenure).
» Interest Rate – Between BR+0.45% up to BR+2.85% subject to customer’s profile and property location.
Notes:» Current BR is 4.10% p.a.
- Malaysian citizen aged 25 to 40 years old (subject to age limit of not more than 65 years old at end of tenure).
- Married with household income no more than RM10,000.00 per month.
- Married Status. (Not for single)
- First time purchaser
- Individual / Joint Loan
- BSN GIRO / GIRO-i account holder
- Proof of purchase
BSN application form
- BSN Application Form
- IC copy
- A valid marriage certificate
- Proof of purchase consisting of a copy of Property Sale and Purchase Agreement (S &P), which has been stamped.
**If the S&P has not been completed, the deposit receipt /pro forma purchase orders is acceptable for the purpose of approving the application
- A copy of valuation report (for the purchase of completed property from individuals / non-developers) of BSN panel valuer.
- Master / Individual title (if any)
- Statutory Declaration (SD) for the purchase of the first house and self-occupied
**The statutory declaration must be signed by the applicant and spouse.
- Salaried Applicant / Co-applicant (spouse only)
– Latest 3 months payslips
Note: For single application, spouse of the applicant must submit one (1) copy of the latest payslip.
– Latest 3 months bank statement
– Latest 6 months payslip and bank statement (other income)
– EPF statement
- Self Employed Applicant / Co-applicant (spouse only)
– Company’s registration (SSM)
– B/BE Form + LHDN Receipt
– Company’s Financial Statement
– 6 months company bank statement
– Other documents i.e site visit report etc.
Late Payment Charges
Monthly Installments in Arrears × 1% × Number Of Days Overdue
» Principal Documents – Will be charged on ad valorem basis.
» Other Documents – RM 10.00
YOUTH HOUSING SCHEME (YHS)
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- What is this product about?
Youth Housing Scheme (YHS) is a special scheme tailored for Malaysian youths to obtain a
mortgage financing facilities. Cagamas and EPF also participate in the scheme. The purpose
of YHS is to help the youth to own houses to live in. The scheme is limited and is offered to
20,000 units only on the ‘first come first served’ basis.
- Who is eligible to apply for this scheme?
- Malaysian Citizen.
- Married youth aged between 25 to 40 years old.
- Household income not exceeds RM10,000 per month.
- First time buyer only.
- What can I get from this scheme?
- Financing Amount : RM 100,000 (Minimum) to RM 500,000 (Maximum)
- Financing Amount : i) Up to 100% from purchase price
- ii) MRTA/ MRTT of up to maximum 5% from purchase price.
- Financing Tenure : Up to maximum 35 years or not exceeds 65 years whichever
- is earlier.
- Interest / Profit Rate : Up to maximum BLR/ BFR – 2.4% *
- *(Subject to terms and conditions)
- (Current BLR /BFR is 6.85%)
- Financing Concept : Islamic and Conventional
- What types of Government’s support for this scheme?
- Monthly instalment of RM200 to borrowers for the first two years starting from the first loan drawdown.
- Exemption of stamp duty of 50% for loan agreement.
- What are documents needed to apply for this scheme?
BSN Loan Application form
Sales and Purchase Agreements / Deposit Receipt / Pro forma Purchase Orders
A copy of identity card
For Salaried Applicant
Latest 3 Months Pay Slips
Latest 3 Months Bank Statements
Latest 6 Months Bank Statements (other incomes)
Employment confirmation letter from employer
EA / EC Form
For Non-Salaried Applicant
B/BE Form and LHDN Receipt
Registration Letter from SSM
Latest 6 Months Bank Statements
Other documents (if required)
Joint Applicants (spouse)
A copy of identity card
Latest 3 Months Pay Slips (if working)
- What type of payment mode provided?
Payment mode provided is through monthly crediting to GIRO / GIRO-i .
- Do I have to pay the legal fees?
Yes, you have to pay the legal fees by your own.
- What are the other criteria for this scheme?
Subject to current BSN’s credit guidelines.
- Can I apply for EPF withdrawal for the monthly instalment?
Yes .you can make a withdrawal from EPF.